Wednesday, May 20, 2009

LIVE BLOGGING!! TAKE TWO!!

Top 9 (10:44): Well, there goes the shutout. Should have been over with a Soto strikeout, but the First Base Umpire is evidently an idiot. Anyways, a Reed Johnson strikeout brings this one to a close.

Meanwhile, in Houston, the Brewers are losing by 5. Good night. Goodnight.

Bottom 8 (10:28):
Nothing happened. Whatever. C'mon Franklin!

Top 8 (10:22):
Jason Motte sucks, then doesn't. Dennys Reyes made Fukudome look like an idiot.

3 MORE OUTS!!

Bottom 7 (10:11):
Rick Sutcliffe is absolutely gushing over the new Busch Stadium. For a former Cub, I sort of like this guy.

Another hit from Duncan starts the inning off right. Sacrifice works from Barden (although it probably should not have). Walk to get to Khalil Greene who flies out weakly. Heads up running play from Duncan on a ball that shouldn't have scored the run.

Dempster out. 2-run lead. I feel better, but I wonder who is coming in

Top 7 (9:54):
"Another good inning from McClellan."

Bottom 6 (9:49):
Another inning ending double play. Chances of victory: 55%

Top 6 (9:40):
McClellan pitched nicely. I hate hitting batters, but if you have to hit someone I suppose I prefer Fukudome, who is most likely to get on anyway. Nice K to end the inning.

GET SOME RUNS!!

Bottom 5 (9:30):
Carpenter is done. Damn.

Waino pinch-hitting, that is how shallow the Cardinal bench is. Feeble strike out.

Kyle McClellan is warming up. I am confident that the Cardinals are going to lose if they don't score again.

Another easy inning for Dempster.

Top 5 (9:24):
I ran to the restroom (TMI?) and suddenly the top half of the inning was over. I guess that's a good thing. I hope Carp isn't at 75. :(

Bottom 4 (9:18):
Pujols turned a single into a double. My heavens this man is good! Molina moves him over to 3rd for Duncan. I am supremely concerned about a K here, or weak grounder back to the pitcher. What shall it be ... base knock! Run! Credit Albert Pujols for creating that opportunity.

Stavinoha adds a double-play to his strike out in his first at bat. I am not impressed.

Top 4 (9:11):
Lead-off walk = shit. Fly out leads to double play! Another fly out ends the inning. I am pleased.

That said, the broadcasters seem to think Carp is on a 75 pitch pitch count. Dang. I fear we are looking at at least four innings from the bullpen.

Bottom 3 (9:00):
Carp swung! Weak grounder though. Ugh. Schumaker reaches but Rasmus lines into a double play in front of Pujols. Crap.

Top 3 (8:52):
The Cubs hitters that have reached have all done so by going with the pitches and taking them to the opposite field. Anyways, Carp gave up a double (it was a single and Stavinoha took his sweet time getting to it) but got out of it. Carp is up next, let's see if he swings.

Bottom 2 (8:44):
DO SOMETHING!!!

Top 2 (8:37):
Yep, a pitcher's duel. Settle in.

Bottom 1 (8:30):
Ugh. Is this going to be a pitcher's duel? *Sigh*

Top 1 (8:22):
Soriano K - grrrreat! So excited! Then the crap from Carp. Walk to Fukudome. Derrick Lee single. Then a double-play! It worked out. Whew!

Thank you, ESPN, for this evening. That said, your love of the Cubs is bound to annoy ths shit out of me tonight, but you can't be any worse than WGN ... I hope.

Before we start, let's have a look at Alphonso Soriano looking ridiculous during a WWE event in Chicago. PLAY BALL!

No comments: