Thursday, May 7, 2009

"That's a Winner!" - 19

Nice win. VERY nice sweep! I know it was only two games and I know it was the Pirates, but a sweep is a sweep and the Pirates are no slouches. (Alright, they're sort of slouches.)

Anyways, Todd Wellemeyer impressed for the first time in awhile, and that is good news. Also, ... well, ...

Let me just get something off my back: RYAN FRANKLIN has been the best closer in baseball so far! Three closers in Major League Baseball are perfect so far in 9 save opportunities. Two have 0.00 ERAs. One has the lowest ERA among the 9-save closers (0.45) and he also has the highest K/BB among 9-save closers (5.50). That closer's name is Ryan Franklin. To those of us following the Cardinals, this shouldn't be news. Still, SI.com's Cliff Corcoran is not convinced. Corcoran thinks that the Cardinals are 29th in closer rankings. THAT IS 29TH OUT OF 30 MLB TEAMS! Corcoran bases his rankings on "reliability." RELIABILITY!?!? I am sorry to get so emotional, but this is entirely ridiculous! Look at the stats, correct me if I am wrong.

Oh, btw, the same outfit that thinks the Cardinals have the second worst closer in baseball, SI.com, thinks that the Cardinals are the second best team in baseball without a suspended slugger. They also think that the Cardinals have the best manager in baseball. Shocking stuff.

Anyways, like I said: "Nice win. VERY nice sweep!" GO CARDS!

No comments: