Friday, April 17, 2009

Break It Down! April 17th Edition

This is the face of the enemy:

P.J. Walters and the Cardinals face off against Carlos Zambrano today. Zambrano is probably my most hated baseball player and if memory serves he performs really well against the Cardinals. Turns out, not so much. Last season Zambrano was 1-2 against the Cardinals with a 12.75 ERA. We won't talk about the preceding seasons (suffice it to say my memory hasn't actually faltered).

Albert Pujols (surprise!) has 5 dingers off of Big Z. I would LOVE it if he made it 6 today. Also look for Schumaker to get things going, he has a career OBP of .400 against Zambrano.

All this having been said, the Cardinals are starting a rookie today against one of the finest lineups in the National League (or so we are told). I expect a Cardinal loss, but as long as they are competitive today I still like our chances to take 3 of 4 in this series.

Well that's it in the way of analysis(?). Wish I were in Chicago. GO CARDS!!

No comments: