Friday, April 24, 2009

Break It Down! April 24th Edition

The Pitchers:
- Cardinals: Adam Wainwright is pitching on 7 days rest tonight. He was flip-flopped with Lohse because Tony preferred Lohse against the Mets and Waino against the Cubs over the alternative. That worked out well against the Mets. Wainwright's last start was a win against the Cubs last Friday. The main reason the Cardinals won that game, however, was Zambrano's meltdown, not Wainwright's success. I am hopeful that Wainwright can get deeper into this game, but I am not confident of it.

- Cubs: Ryan Dempster hasn't pitched since last Saturday, when he gave up 4 runs over 6 innings (as I predicted). Dempster didn't factor in the decision (7-5 extra innings loss). I expect more of the same tonight, with a possibility of even more runs from the red hot Cardinal bats.

The Lineups:
- Cardinals: Ludwick, Schumaker, LaRue, Molina, Duncan, and Pujols (surprise!) have all enjoyed some degree of success against Dempster, but I wouldn't say anyone has owned him. Last Saturday Ludwick and Greene did the damage and Albert and Ankiel went a combined 0-for-10. After their success in the Mets series I expect much more from those two gentlemen.

- Cubs: These losers only scored one run over the past two days. Although Waino wasn't great last week, only Fukudome really did damage, and I expect the Cubs to be similarly productive tonight.

NOTE: This game is on WGN so I should get to watch it! If I am really lucky maybe I will get to see Jeff Smardzija, who got recalled the other day. *Groan*

Well that's it in the way of analysis(?). Wish I were in St. Louis. GO CARDS!!

2 comments:

Brian said...

The Game is Over
Cardinals have won the Day
Pujols is the Shit

The Fan said...

A haiku comment
Brian has honored my web log
I hope there are more