Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Break It Down! April 23rd Edition

Going for the sweep!

The Pitchers:

- Cardinals: Kyle Lohse has had mixed results against the Mets in the past, but I think he's probably good for a win Thursday afternoon. What makes me say that? (1) Lohse hasn't lost yet this season and he has a pretty low ERA and WHIP. (2) I only had one thing. I shouldn't have numbered that list. Check my in depth Mets lineup analysis below to understand my concerns.

- Mets: In 16 career starts against the Cardinals, Livan Hernandez is 5-5 with a 4.33 ERA. This guy has been the very definition of mediocre for the better part of a decade. Long gone are the days he was an ace for the Marlins. Anyways, nothing about this guy concerns me.

The Lineups:
- Cardinals: Albert Pujols (surprise!) is always a safe bet. Also, Ludwick's bat will be back in the lineup. Tony promised 4 straight days of Ludwick, in fact.

- Mets: A bunch of Mets have sort of owned Lohse. I don't care. The Cards will not lose to a team who starts this loser. If his appearance and general demeanor weren't reason enough to root against Jose Reyes, consider this. I am not saying the Cardinals players are saints, I think a lot of traveling athletes cheat on their spouses, but Reyes apparently did so very shortly after marrying his wife. Classy.

Prediction: First to 4 runs wins. Read: The Cardinals.

Well that's it in the way of analysis(?). Wish I were in St. Louis. GO CARDS!!

No comments: