Friday, April 17, 2009

"That's a Winner!" - 8

Suck on that, Cubs. (I know it isn't poetry, but this is how I think.)

Wainwright still hasn't found his groove, but he was good enough yesterday.

Very nice holds from McClellan and a good save by Franklin. No drama = happy Russ (and happy rest of you, I am sure).

Our bats keep on a rattling. Twelve hits, including three dingers - good stuff. Ankiel is really the only regular that isn't off to a decent (or better) start, and he hasn't been that bad.

Milton Bradley is a lunatic. (Although, to be fair, the pitch he was called out on with the bases loaded and only one out was clearly off the plate.)

I told you the first team to 5 would win.

Finally, let us also observe a moment of silence for Chris Carpenter's left oblique. It isn't the end of the world, but my guess is 4 to 8 weeks will be more like 8, and that he will be swinging the bat like he is afraid of hurting the baseball for the remainder of the season. That said, I am inclined to agree with my friend Dave, who told me this morning that he would be satisfied if the Cards played .550 ball until they get Carp back. The Cardinals are already 5 games over .500, they just need to maintain.

No comments: