Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"That's a Winner!" - 15

Game summary from Dave (text messages he sent me while he watched the game in person and I played kickball):

- "We look so terrible. Mid 2nd no score." - True.
- "Down 1-0. We lose. We will not score a run. I hope we get a hit at least." - I messaged back: "Shit." Then: "Are we doing anything offensively?"
- "1-1!" - Exclamation point completely merited.
- "3-1 braves mid fourth. Wain looks terrible" - Wainwright still hasn't hit his stride. 5 innings just isn't good enough.
- "5-3 US mid fifth" - Amazed when I received this text! Overjoyed!
- "Same score. End fifth. Wain has 100 pitches"
- "We are in an eighth inning jam, same score. I think we've walked like seven guys. I am nervous" - I got home at this time, ran to my computer, and I was thankful to see that Ryan Franklin delivered. Again.
- "Shaky pitching but I will take it! Hell yeah!" - Ditto!

The St. Louis Cardinals have the best record in baseball: 15 - 7.

The St. Louis Cardinals have the largest division lead in baseball: 3.5 games.

Meanwhile, the Washington Nationals have the worst record in baseball (by far).

I am excited to see the next 4 games (3 in person, Thursday's on tv).

No comments: