Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Power Outage

The St. Louis Cardinals, the highest scoring team in the National League entering play Monday, have only scored 4 runs in two games against the Atlanta Braves. Tonight, the Cardinals managed a single run on 3 hits, 1 BB and 1 HBP. It was pathetic; hard to watch. Jo-Jo Reyes, the Braves starter, made 30 pitches in the first inning. The Cardinals let him off the hook.

Frankly, I feel sorry for my friends who witnessed the game in person.

The worst part of it all, for me, is that I had planned on writing a thoroughly comical post about the ineptitude of Casey Kotchman if the Braves had lost. Kotchman killed 2 rallies by grounding into double plays, then struck out twice. The loser stranded 7 runners in a one-run ballgame! I was going to say some really funny stuff. It was stuff you would have forwarded to your friends. Your status messages and twitters would have read: "For a good laugh, read: ..." You would have printed it out and posted it on your fridge. Maybe your fridge at work! You would have sworn to your grandchildren that my post about Casey Kotchman was the funniest thing you had ever read. "He's a regular Casey Kotchman" would have become a catchphrase and I would have made t-shirts. I could go on, but it is too painful. *Sigh*

Note: If you are a Cardinal pitcher and your name rhymes with "Pile DickClellan", then I am displeased with you. Dennys Reyes isn't off the hook either.

Tomorrow is a new day. Win the series!

No comments: