Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"That's a Winner!" - 1

Maybe I'm NOT an Idiot: Soooooo ... remember earlier today how I said that I expected Lohse to give the Cardinals 7 innings, 2 or 3 runs allowed? (Actual: 7 IP, 3 R, 2 ER) I also expected Pujols, Molina and Duncan to contribute offensively. (Actual: 1 HR apiece, 5 RBI) I also guessed that Snell would stink (4 IP, 6 ER) and Morgan would do most of the damage for the Pirates when he got on base (2 of Pittsburgh's 3 runs). So have I been wrong about anything? Yeah, Nate McLouth, who I have twice been concerned about, has twice gone hitless.

Also worth noting:
- Rasmus got his first 2 hits as a pro (good); and
- Schumaker went hitless and tallied his first error as a second baseman (ungood).

Enough recap, I am off to buy a lottery ticket.

NOTE: The Blues are 2 points ahead of Nashville for the last playoff spot. I won't pretend to be a regular season Blues fan, but I love me some playoff hockey. Watch those NHL scoreboards, folks.

1 comment:

David said...

Fact: last night's crowd as the lowest in new Busch Stadium history. I attribute this to the cold, the opponent, and the dreaded (and reasonable) anticipation of a blown save.

I loved Molina last night with his triple. The harder he ran, the slower he got.